The Institute’s Legacy Foundation would like to remind you that the deadline to submit a scholarship application is July 13, 2018.
In 2018, the Foundation will award the following scholarships:
Through the Sponsors’ Series
- One $5,000 scholarships
- fifteen $1,500 scholarships
Through the Founders’ Series
- two $1,500 scholarships
- two $1,000 scholarships
- one $500 scholarship
To be eligible, applicants must be children or grandchildren of Regular or Retired members in good standing or members who were in good standing at the time of their death. Children or grandchildren of Rand deductees are not eligible.
Applicants must be entering their first year of post-secondary education in autumn 2018 in a full-time post-secondary program at an educational institution (including cégeps) in Canada or outside Canada.
The basis of selection is the same for all scholarships. Only one scholarship will be awarded to each of the chosen candidates.
Applications will be evaluated by an impartial selection panel using these factors:
- Academic achievement (transcript of marks).
- Summary of candidate’s leadership ability and community service involvement, including a minimum of 2 letters of reference (e.g. student council, tutoring, coach or assistant coach, other volunteer activities).
- Essay of 750-1000 words on "professionalism". A suggested topic is "What does it mean to be a professional in your career?" but other specific topics on professionalism are welcomed. Essays will be judged on content, grammar, spelling, organization and presentation.
- Typed statement by the candidate outlining future education and career goals and indicating why the candidate deserves a scholarship. This statement will be evaluated on content, grammar, spelling, organization and presentation of goals.
A complete application must include:
- Official scholarship application form (available at www.pipsc.ca/portal/page/portal/website/legacy/scholarship/app_form)
- A copy of the official transcript of marks from the learning institution most recently attended.
- A statement outlining future education and career goals and indicating why the candidate deserves a scholarship.
- A statement about the candidate’s leadership abilities and community service involvement with supporting evidence, including a minimum of 2 reference letters.
- A 750-1000 word essay on professionalism.
Please submit the application with your supporting documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail or fax to:
The Professional Institute
250 Tremblay Road Ottawa, Ontario
Telephone: (613) 228-6310 / 1-800-267-0446
Fax: (613) 228-9048 / 1-800-465-7477
All applicants, successful or otherwise, will be notified by the Evaluation Committee.
Awards will be applicable to the academic year commencing in September 2018. The successful candidates will be notified by mid-September 2018.
A cheque will be forwarded to the successful applicant once confirmation of enrollment in a post-secondary institution is received.
Please note that the Foundation may use photos and names of recipients in promotional material.