Call for Volunteers for 2018
PIPSC Standing Committees of the Board of Directors
If you are interested in participating as Chair, Member or Friend on a standing committee of the Board for 2018, you are invited to submit your expression of interest by completing the prescribed form and sending it to email@example.com by the deadline of Friday, November 17, 2017.
Committees of the Board
- By-laws and policies Committee
- Elections Appeals Committee
- Elections Committee
- Executive Compensation Committee (See Note 2)
- Finance Committee
- Human Rights and Diversity Committee
- Information Technology Services and Projects Committee
- Professional Recognition and Qualifications Committee
- Science Advisory Committee
- Training and Education Committee (see Note 2)
Note 1 By-Law 17.1.3 Composition - All Committees shall consist of five (5) to seven (7) members and, unless otherwise specified, shall include one (1) member from each Region. Where there is a Vice-President liaison to a committee, the Vice-President does not count as a member of the committee.
Note 2 There will be no solicitation process for members of Executive Compensation Committee, or for the Training and Education Committee. Institute By-Laws and policies require that members of these committees be selected from members of the Board of Directors and/or the designated individual from the Chair of the Regional Training Committee respectively.
Note 3 Only volunteers who have complied with the due-process call for nominations, and have adhered to the prescribed time lines, shall be deemed to be eligible candidates.
Volunteers shall be limited to applying to two (2) Standing Committees of the Board, and must indicate their preferences in priority order.
Duly fill out the prescribed form as follows:
- Clearly identify the committee(s) by title. If requesting to volunteer on two (2) committees, rank these in order of preference.
- Indicate your Group and Region.
- State whether you are applying as Chair, Member or Friend.
Note 4 If you are not selected as Chair, you will automatically be considered as a member or as a friend.
Note 5 A “friend” of a committee is a member interested in the activities of the committee, but who is unable to participate as an active member. Note that there are no “friends” on the Executive Compensation Committee, the Elections Committee, or the Elections Appeal Committee.
- List any Committees of the Board on which you served for the past five (5) years.
- Include a brief rationale (on the prescribed form) outlining the reasons why you wish to be considered and what you would bring to the work of the committee you are applying for.
- Submit the prescribed form containing your expression of interest by the deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for expressions of interest is no later than Friday, November 17, 2017.
Please consult the information on the Selection Process and Selection Criteria by following these links:
If you have any questions, please contact us at: email@example.com.