The Department of National Defence (DND) Consultation Team is looking for a volunteer to represent the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC) as the 1 Canadian Air Division Sector (1 CAD) Representative for a term of two years.
All DND stewards are welcome to put their names forward for the position but preference will be given to stewards who work within the Air Force in DND.
The duties for this new position include:
- Represent the Institute with the employer and convey the Institute's objectives and decisions to members and the employee, as defined by the PIPSC Policy on Union-Management Relations.
- Lead the 1 CAD sector consultation team.
- Ensure representation at local and regional Air Force UMCCs.
- Identify and refer issues to the national level consultation team as needed.
- Forward minutes to the Communications Officer.
- Ensure the distribution of information to stewards in the Air Force.
- Maintain the accuracy of the information related to their structure.
The term of office for this representative is two years.
Please respond to DND Consultation President Glenn Maxwell if you are interested and include your resume of experience with union activities, and consultation experience.
The deadline for applications is March 1st 2019.
National Defence | Défense Nationale
Consultation President | Président de Consultation
The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada | Institut professionnel de la fonction publique du Canada