The Department of National Defence (DND) Consultation Team is looking for a volunteer to represent the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC) as the Canadian Forces Engineering Sector Representative for a term of two years.
All DND stewards are welcome to put their names forward for the position but preference will be given to stewards who work as an Engineer or engineering-related role in DND.
The duties for this new position include:
- Represent the Institute with the employer and convey the Institute's objectives and decisions to members and the employee, as defined by the PIPSC Policy on Union-Management Relations.
- Lead the Engineering sector consultation team.
- Ensure representation at local and sector UMCCs.
- Identify and refer issues to the national level consultation team as needed.
- Forward minutes to the Communications Officer.
- Ensure the distribution of information to stewards.
- Maintain the accuracy of the information related to their sector's structure.
Please respond to DND Consultation President Glenn Maxwell (email@example.com) if you are interested and include your resume of experience with union activities, and consultation experience.
The deadline for applications is May 1st, 2019.
National Defence | Défense Nationale
Consultation President | Président de Consultation
The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada | Institut professionnel de la fonction publique du Canada
Telephone | Téléphone 613-403-7638