The Correctional Service of Canada (CSC) National Consultation Team, in accordance with the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC) Consultation Policy, are seeking Regional Presidents of consultation who will represent PIPSC at the National Consultation Meetings. The following regional positions are available to stewards from the respective regions:
The responsibilities of the CSC/PIPSC Consultation team representatives (Regional Representative) are:
- act as official Institute representatives at various consultation committees
- conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner at meetings
- keep abreast of Institute positions on employer policies
- solicit input from members and Institute staff on issues of concern
- ensure items of concern are placed on the meeting agendas
- ensure unresolved issues at one level are referred to the next level
- ensure that members are kept informed on discussions held at consultation meetings
- consult with Institute staff on technical issues where guidance is required
- maintain bilateral communications with the Staff Representative on agenda issues
- request travel authorization from team President for consultation activities
- report to the rest of the Team, including the Staff Representative after meetings, and distribute any documentation provided, as applicable
- communicate to Organization members on consultation activities at least quarterly, via the team newsletter (reports submitted to the communications officer).
Candidates must be available to travel to Ottawa several times a year:
- Quarterly for National Labour Union Management meetings (in person) in Ottawa.
- National team members are also appointed to various national consultation committee’s as pertains to National consultation. Attendance is a combination of video conferencing & in person (Ottawa).
The term of office for these representatives is two years.
Please respond to CSC National Consultation President Kieth laing, if you are interested and include your resume of experience with union activities and consultation experience. The deadline for applications is December 01, 2018.
The resumes of all candidates will be forwarded to all stewards in respective regions who will be asked to express a preference among the candidates. These preferences will be tabulated and forwarded to the PIPSC Executive Committee who will make a decision and appointment taking into account input from the National Consultation Team and the CSC stewards.
Kieth laing, CSC National Consultation Team President
firstname.lastname@example.org, Work Tel: 306.765.8125