We are celebrating big wins at the central bargaining table!
You give your best in your workplace and to your family, each and every day. We went into these negotiations to get a central agreement that acknowledges and supports this – and we got results.
Some groups have tentative agreements now and others continue their important work at the bargaining table.
Members across Canada are voting YES to ratify their group’s new collective agreement and secure the central and group-specific wins.
Major Central Bargaining wins:
- A base wage increase of 7% for all groups over the next 4 years — in addition to the wage increase negotiated at your group’s table
- Parental leave top-up expanded by five weeks for all parents, including adoptive
- A historic win of 10 paid days of leave for survivors and victims of domestic violence
- Each member with a ratified contract will receive a $400 compensation for the extended implementation of this new contract
- Language on harassment that for the first time in the Canadian public service enshrines the right of a worker to a workplace free of harassment and violence
- PIPSC collaboration with Treasury Board to replace Phoenix is secured
- Members returning to work from parental leave will no longer be obligated to repay top-up if they move between departments and agencies for a new role
- If you are owed retroactive pay and you do not receive it within 180 days compensation of $50 will be awarded on day 181 and again every 90 days to a maximum of $450
When you vote YES to your group’s new contract these central bargaining wins are included.
Your group will be organizing ratification events in your workplace to share all of the details of your tentative agreement. Information on your group’s negotiation process is available on your group page.