Web Developer – Back-End - Competition 19/27 - Internal & External
Web Developer – Back-End
Internal & External
The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada, a national union representing some 61,000 professionals and scientists throughout Canada, requires a Manager, Information Technology Architecture and Projects at its National Office in Ottawa.
Under the direction and supervision of the Manager, Information Technology Architecture and Projects, the Web Developer – Back-End is responsible for website and applications support, coding, and development. The primary responsibility of this position is to help build and support a content management based platform with a focus on managing the technical aspects of the content management platform including building and implementing custom modules and application program interfaces (APIs).
The organization is currently shifting to cloud-native development, including PaaS, multi-cloud, microservices, agile methodology, containers, CI/CD, and DevOps
Major responsibilities include:
- Develop, test, and deploy websites and applications including new and existing product features
- Write custom code and thoroughly test applications using a sound continuous integration (CI) process
- Manage the technical aspects of the content management platform including API integrations
- Develop, configure, and integrate modules, themes, and applications
- Develop sites that are compatible across platforms
- Monitor, modify and maintain the website to ensure speed, responsiveness and code quality
- Collaborate with other technology team members and stakeholders to ensure website and application functionality and optimization of features
- Participate in the establishment of, and support, technology standards, road maps, frameworks, processes and policies related to core web applications
- Prepare project plans to present technical ideas and establish timelines
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams assigned to special projects and work collaboratively with employees in other sections
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis
The successful candidate will have completed an IT or related degree and have three to five years’ experience in website and web application development.
Also required are:
- Expertise in object-oriented PHP 7 software engineering
- Extensive CMS development experience, particularly Drupal 8 using Drush
- Experience with data architecture and management via SQL, NoSQL, REST, JSON
- Experience with Node, ReactJS, and/or Angular an asset
- Experience with SASS, Gulp, Grunt, and Composer
- Knowledge of G Suite and Linux platforms
- Experience in an Agile environment an asset
- Knowledge of web standards and accessibility guidelines
- Self-motivated and initiative to get tasks completed and issues resolved
- Ability to troubleshoot web performance and development issues
- Ability to deal with competing priorities.
The Salary: $69,673 to $89,724 (G5)
Applications, making reference to competition 19/27 and complete with curriculum vitae, should be submitted by 4:00 p.m., May 20, 2019 by email to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.