Office Closure

The National Office and the National Capital Regional Office are closed today and will reopen Tuesday September 25, 2018 at 8:00 am.

PIPSC Ville-Marie Branch, Quebec Region

Minutes
MEETING: Ville-Marie Branch Executive meeting
LOCATION: PIPSC Regional Office
DATE: September 20, 2016

GUESTS:

IN ATTENDANCE:
Renaud Guiard, Philippe Marazzani, Damien Noël, Evangelia Costamis, Philippe Poudret, Stéphanie Fréchette

ABSENT:
Marc Desjardins, François Langevin, François Pilon, Vicky Painchaud

1. Approval of the Agenda

a. The agenda was presented to the Executive.
• There were no items to add or changes to be made.

b. Evangelia moved that the agenda be approved. Seconded by Philippe P.

2. Remarks by the Executive

Remarks by the President

Renaud thanked everyone for coming.

Remarks by the Treasurer

Marc said that PIPSC would not cover the costs of the December 18 supper, for which a claim had been submitted in late January. Our 2016 allowance has still not been deposited into our account. They still need the election report, the minutes of the last AGM and the financial statements. Marc informed us of the amount remaining in the bank.

3. Review of Previous Minutes

• The minutes from the meeting of June 30 were reviewed.
• A minor correction was made.
• Marc moved that they be approved. Stéphanie seconded the motion.

4. Action Items

1603.03) Marc – Conduct a survey on our AGM. Item removed since it dated too far back. Completed.

1603.05) Renaud – Find a venue for a happy hour and get information on the terms and conditions. The Bénélux was chosen for fewer than 30 people and the Ste-Élizabeth for a larger crowd. The date selected was July 28. We are planning another happy hour for September 22. A message needs to be sent after the first happy hour. Completed.

1603.08) All – Suggest some team-building activities. We chose Échappe-toi and going for a drink. Bowling could also be a valid activity. See new item 1606.04. Completed.

1603.11) All – Discuss the banner and the photo at the next Executive gathering. See new item 1606.05. Not discussed. Completed.

1606.01) Renaud will ask Member Services for a list of our members. He will send it to us for comments. To follow.

1606.02) Renaud will write a message to the Stewards to find out if they would be willing to help us reach members, if needed. He will forward it to us for feedback. To follow.

1606.03) Philippe M. – Send the last two sets of minutes to Anne for translation and posting. Completed.

1606.04) Evangelia – Check coupon sites for team-building activities. Evangelia found a good bargain but it is only valid until November 15. Completed.

1606.05) Philippe P. – Look for royalty-free photos of Montréal for the banner. Philippe P. found some photos and drawings under copyright. So we decided to organize a photo contest with pictures of Montréal. Completed.

1606.06) Renaud - Inform Debi that we think the information for our members on the new staffing policy should come from PIPSC at the national level. This has not been done. Completed.

1606.07) All – Send a cell number to Philippe M. so you can be reached quickly if an Executive meeting is cancelled at the last minute. Ongoing.

1609.01) New - Philippe M. will send the AGM minutes to Renaud.

1609.02) New - Marc will send the financial statements to Renaud.

1609.03) New - Philippe M. will give the election report to Renaud.

1609.04) New – Renaud will send the documents to Linda Martel, who will send them to Finance.

1609.05) New – Vicky will organize a photo contest for the banner.

1609.06) New – Renaud will put the photos for the banner on Google Drive.

1609.07) New - Phil will send Anne the previous minutes for translation and posting.

1609.08) New - Marc will schedule with Doodle for a Find the Key event every Wednesday up to November 15.

1609.09) New – Evangelia will look into the methods of payment for Find the Key.

1609.10) New – Renaud needs to provide the Bénélux bill to Marc.

1609.11) New - Renaud will order one kit for the Branch.

5. Issues Discussed

a. September 28 happy hour – The invitation was received today so we have nothing more to discuss.

6. Other Business

a. Banner – We need photos/drawings.

b. This year’s kit contains promotional items. Inform Renaud if anyone wants any.

c. Mobilization activities – We have to increase our visibility in order to get greater member participation at our events. For example, we should talk about negotiations and mobilize our members at Lunch and Learns. Once we get them engaged, we could organize a large-scale activity. For example, we could book a room at a movie theatre.

d. October 19 demonstration – The event is to celebrate the anniversary of Stephen Harper’s defeat, as well to remind members that negotiations are going nowhere. It is clear that the employer still does not have a mandate to negotiate.

e. Member survey – Renaud would like to know our members’ needs. To be discussed later.

f. Bénélux event – 15 to 20 people attended. It was quite nice.
Negotiations – There is some information on the upcoming demonstration on the PIPSC site.

7. Adjournment

a. Philippe M. moved that the meeting be adjourned.

b. Seconded by Philippe P.

c. The meeting was adjourned.