DND HALIFAX BRANCH EXECUTIVE MEETING: Oct 26/2017
Fleet Club – Tribute tower
MINUTES AND ACTIONS OF THE MEETING
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: 4:35 PM
WELCOME & INTRODUCTIONS:
Present: Everett Scott – President, Mounah Zrein – Treasurer, Paul Smith – Secretary, Heather Mackay, Don Eldershaw, Mike MacIsaac, Colin Davis and Kevin Jack – Members at Large
1. CALL FOR ADDED AGENDA ITEMS
Everett welcomed everyone to the meeting. Mounah handed out a financial sheet to be discussed later. Everett asked if there were any new agenda items. None were put forth.
2. MOTION TO ACCEPT AGENDA
Everett asked for a motion to accept the agenda. Don moved to accept the agenda and Kevin seconded the motion and the agenda was accepted as presented.
3. REVIEW OF MINUTES FROM (Sep 14th Meeting)
Everett asked if there were any errors or omissions with the minutes. There were no changes put forth.
4. MOTION TO ACCEPT MINUTES
Everett asked for a motion to accept the minutes. Heather moved to accept the minutes and Mounah seconded the motion and the minutes were accepted as presented.
5. REVIEW OF ACTION ITEMS (Sep 14th meeting)
Mounah gave a financial update (see below). Action completed.
Jenn was not available for the meeting, so Hop Skip and Jump social event will be discussed at a subsequent meeting.
Action: To follow up with details of Hop Skip Jump social activity.
The lack of CFNES LMRC meetings came up at a recent Base LMRC meeting. Consensus was that holding a town hall (frequency unknown) would be a suitable means of labour/management consultations. Action: Completed.
Mounah confirmed that there would be no ramifications to receiving our branch allotment from delaying our AGM to coincide with the Halifax branches AGM. Action: Completed.
Kevin reported that he has made a contact wrt an initiative for the branch to sponsor science initiatives (e.g. High School Robotics competition, Science Fairs). He contacted a math teacher and will get further contacts on robotics. Discussion continued on whether the branch should contribute food (pizza) or swag.
Action: Kevin to further update at next meeting.
6. FINANCIAL UPDATE
Mounah passed out an updated budget statement. Based on our limited funds remaining, we have had to cancel our plans to do a Hatfield Farm social event and may not be able to contribute to the seasonal social this year. We may get a full reimbursement for the pride parade expense from the Better Together Initiative or partial reimbursement from Halifax branch and CS subgroup.
Everett mentioned that the Shearwater LMRC hasn't had a meeting lately. PSAC is having trouble finding a rep, but Everett is planning on asking someone to represent PIPSC.
Everett also mentioned the email concerning employee engagement. Students will be hired to conduct the survey and he has received a fair amount of feedback.
Everett mentioned the Morale Day/Health and Wellness day. No such initiative a FMFCS L
8. SOCIAL EVENTS
With limited funds remaining, only social event maybe a skating party at the Oval next year.
9. AGM RESOLUTIONS
Executive spent considerable time going over all of the resolutions. Extra consideration was given to financial resolutions and ones submitted by the Atlantic region. Everett to update executive at next meeting
10. Round Table
Nothing was added.
The meeting adjourned at 7:35 PM.
Next meeting: TBD or before seasonal social.
Action Items from Halifax DND Executive Meeting Oct 26th /17
To send email to executive with details of Hop Skip Jump social activity.
Before Jan /Feb 2018
Kevin to update executive on possible science events.