Date: Saturday, April 14, 2018
Where: Proulx Maple and Berry Farm, 1865 O'Toole Rd, Cumberland, Ontario
Tel: 613-833-2417 http://proulxberryfarm.com/maplefest-brunch/
Your SP NCR Sub-Group Executive is pleased to invite you and members of your immediate family to the 2018 SP-NCR Maple Fest. This networking event is to allow SP NCR Sub-Group members working at different worksites in the NCR, and their families to meet, discuss our common goals and share ideas, while also enjoying a fun-filled day of activities at a picturesque rural Ontario setting.
Timeline of Activities
- 09:00 AM Registration and orientation. Registered members and their families will be divided into 2 groups.
- 09:30 AM Board the tractor drawn hay ride through the tall maple forest to the maple shack.
- 09:45 AM Maple bush tour (recognizing the sugar maple tree, equipment description, tapping demo), and maple production shack tour (step by step of transformation from sap to maple syrup) and if the time is right...seeing the gold liquid being bottled hot.
- 10:05 AM Pancake brunch inside the heated canteen shack with the service of 2 home made Grandma Proulx’s recipe pancakes, 2 sausages of your choice (pork-beef or chicken), or scrambled eggs or vegetarian beans, accompanied with real 100% pure maple syrup, and your choice of hot or cold beverage (table service with individual distribution with the help of your adults). Food selections, allergies and restrictions will have to be pre-ordered (gluten free, dairy/egg free).
- 11:00 AM Maple sampling - different grades of maple syrup, real maple sugar (soft to hard), real maple spread, etc.
- 11:45 AM Maple taffy tasting and self-guided tour of the property.
- 12:00 PM Board the hay ride back to the farm - horse drawn or tractor drawn hay ride.
- 12:15 PM Free time to visit the farm’s activities until your departure time and/or closing of the farm 5PM.
- 09:30 AM Free time to visit the farm’s activities.
- 10:00 AM Follow the schedule of Group 1 and finish at 12:45 PM.
- 12:45 PM Free time to visit the farm’s activities until your departure time and/or closing of the farm 5PM.
Please complete the attached registration form and submit it to Dr. Shamil Cathum (email@example.com) by April 5, 2018.
We kindly ask that you RSVP by Thursday, April 5, 2018 by sending the registration form to Shamil Cathum. You will be notified of your registration status via email.
Please note that registration is limited to the first 60 guests to register.
Driving Directions (from Downtown Ottawa)
Get on Trans-Canada Hwy/ON-417 E (5 min, 1.8 km).
Take Ottawa Regional Rd 174 to Trim Rd/Ottawa Regional Rd 57 in Cumberland (11 min, 18.8 km).
Take Old Montreal Rd/Ottawa 34, Wilhaven Dr et O'Toole Rd to your destination (9 min , 7.8 km).
Please use Google Maps for additional details.
The temperatures can vary, even between your home and our location. Depending on the time of year, the grounds can be a combination of snow & slush in the winter and mud, grass and the last remnants of snow in the spring. Please come prepared to enjoy your outdoor adventure and dress accordingly.