Elections to the Retired Members Guild Executive are now taking place. Attached you will find a Nomination Form. Please consider running and having the opportunity to serve on the Guild Executive to better help retirees.
This year, positions up for election are: two positions in the National Capital Region (NCR), one in the Quebec Region and one in the Prairies/NWT Region. All positions are for a three year term.
If you are interested in putting your name forward, please fill out the attached nomination form and return it to Marielle Nadon at the PIPSC National Office, 250 Tremblay Road, Ottawa ON, K1G 3J8 by 12:00 noon (Ottawa time) July 31, 2018.
GUILD REGIONAL EXECUTIVE OFFICER
- Provides leadership to Chapters and members, and ensures a strong organization within the region;
- Expresses regional concerns and voices regional positions at meetings of the Guild Executive;
- Within budgetary limitations, attends chapter meetings, advises members of national and regional developments;
- Provides liaison between Chapters in the region;
- Provides ongoing liaison between the Guild Executive and the Chapters within the region, respecting the right of the Chapter to deal with any other officer of the Guild.
The aims and objectives of the Guild are to further the interests of the retired members, to formulate and express the views of the retired members on matters affecting them, and to ensure that the interests of the Guild members are represented in all proceedings of their former employer and of the Institute that may affect them.
Please come forward!
Check out the Guild’s page on the PIPSC web site at http://www.pipsc.ca/groups/rmg