MINUTES OF MEETING (REV 1 )
HALIFAX SUB-GROUP ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
MEETING DATE/TIME: MAY 09, 2018, 4:30PM
DATE OF MINUTES: MAY 28, 2018
LOCATION: THE OLD TRIANGLE
ORG/COMPANY NAME EMAIL ADDRESS
DND DAVE RUTHERFORD, PRESIDENT DAVID.RUTHERFORD@FORCES.GC.CA
DND Mounah Zrein, Vice President MOUNAH.ZREIN@FORCES.GC.CA
ENVIRONMENT CANADA Derek Elliot, Member at Large DEREK.ELLIOTT@CANADA.CA
PSPC Azharul Hoque , MEMBER AT LARGE AZHARUL.HOQUE@PWGSC-TPSGC.GC.CA
PSPC DALE HUDSON, TREASURER DALE.HUDSON@PWGSC-TPSGC.GC.CA
PSPC BERNADETTE LANDRY, SECRETARY BERNADETTE.LANDRY@PWGSC-TPSGC.GC.CA
Attendees: See attached sign-in sheet
ITEM DESCRIPTION ACTION
1.0 PRESIDENT’S REPORT
1.1 Dave introduced Executive- listed above.
1.2 Dave presented composition of PIPSC Halifax Sub-Group – which includes members from AGCAN, DFO, DND, ECC, NRCAN, PSPC and TSB.
As well it was noted:
• PIPSC Membership 2018 – approx. 53908 members
• NR Membership Nationwide – approx. 3452 members
• NR Halifax Sub Group – approx. 140 members
1.3 Summary of Activities:
• 13 Oct 2016 Last AGM
• 19 Jan 17 Sub Group Executive Meeting
• 16-18 Feb 17 Constituent Body Training
• 3 May 17 Sub Group Executive Meeting
• 9-10 Jun 17 NR Group AGM/Sub Group Presidents Meeting
• 22 Jun 17 Sub Group Meet & Greet Garrison Brewery
• 4 Apr 18 Sub Group Executive Meeting
• Collective Bargaining will be on-going. The current agreement expires in September 2018
1.4 Larry Clark motioned to accept the President’s report. Blake Roberts seconded. Vote to approve was unanimous.
2.0 PRESENTATION TO JOAN
2.1 Mounah presented a gift and flowers, on behalf of the sub-group, to Joan Muise as a thank-you for her years of service (since 2001) prior to stepping down in 2016.
3.0 Treasurer’s Report
3.1 Dale presented financial status:
• Balance at Dec 31, 2016 of $3246.29
• No AGM last year so funding not topped up.
• Current Balance of $1526.12
• 2018 allotment / top-up would be $10 per member = $1410.
• Member’s input is invited on what things we could be doing to promote engineers, architects and land surveyors.
3.2 Dale motioned to accept the Treasurer’s report. Mounah seconded. Vote to approve was unanimous.
4.0 Election of Officer’s (2 Members at Large (1 year term)
4.1 Current members at large: Azharul Hoque and Derek Elliot. Azharul declined to re-offer. Although Derek was absent from the meeting it was assumed he would re-offer. Two additional members offered – Larry Clark and Joe Williams. An election was held with members present voting for two of the three members. The results – new members at large are:
Larry Clark – PSPC
Joe Williams - DND
5.0 Employee Wellness Support Program (EWSP)
5.1 Dale presented information regarding the Employee Wellness Support Program (EWSP):
• The program is currently being developed and expect to be implemented with the next round of collective bargaining.
• Dale presented sample scenarios under the current system compared to the proposed system
Some highlights of the proposed EWSP:
• Full 26 weeks of 100% income replacement
• A three-day paid qualification period for short-term disability benefits
• Nine fully-paid sick days
• Three-day carryover of unused sick leave days
• The accumulation of current sick leave credits will cease on the implementation date of the EWSP
6.0 NEXT MEETING / ADJOURNMENT
6.1 • Dave to send invitations for executive meetings Dave
6.2 Minutes by Bernadette Landry. Please advise Bernadette.Landry@pwgsc-tpsgc.gc.ca of errors or omissions. All