Senior Mobilization/Recruitment Officer - Competition 18/28 - Internal & External
Internal & External
The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada, a national union representing some 55,000 professionals and scientists throughout Canada, requires a bilingual Senior Mobilization/Recruitment Officer at its National Office.
Under the direction of the Director, Policy and Communications and the functional guidance of the Mobilization and Recruitment Team Lead, the Mobilization/Recruitment Officer is responsible for strategizing and implementing outreach campaigns designed to promote the values of the union and its services to its membership and broader community. Major responsibilities include:
- Develop strategies and coordinate the implementation of mobilization and organizing plans for the Institute and its constituent bodies.
- Take a lead role in incorporating new media and digital strategies into mobilization capacity.
- Coordinate and advise staff, Stewards and other elected officials in support of mobilization campaigns.
- Liaise and work with regional staff to coordinate mobilization efforts.
- Perform the research and analysis necessary to reframe and refocus campaigns in response to changing conditions.
- Provide technical advice and training to internal/external bodies on campaigns, recruitment and strike activities.
- Support the Team Lead as the main point-of-contact with the Negotiations Division to augment mobilizing/organizing activities undertaken by Negotiators. Ensure that all collective bargaining activities are centrally integrated into mobilization and recruitment efforts.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for mobilization and recruitment activities and recommend payment of expenditures.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams assigned to special projects and work collaboratively with employees in other sections. and
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis.
The successful bilingual candidate will have completed a university degree, or equivalent, in labour relations or a related discipline and three to five years recent experience as an organizer/recruiter at a member-based organization, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Also required are: a thorough knowledge and experience of theories of organizing and engagement, a strong understanding of updated tactics and strategies in online and offline organizing, knowledge of the authorities governing employer/employee relations in the federal public service of Canada and other jurisdictions in which Institute members are employed, experience working with CRM’s such as NationBuilder, an understanding of the operations of the Professional Institute as they relate to the provision of collective bargaining and representational services to members, ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, to prepare reports, newsletters, and correspondence on mobilization issues and strategies in both French and English, and ability to function as a team player.
The Salary: $80,947 to $101,184 (G6)
Applications, making reference to competition 18/28 and complete with curriculum vitae, should be submitted by 4:00 p.m., October 10, 2018 by e-mail to email@example.com.