Assistant - Competition 18/26 - Internal and External
Internal & External
(Excluded) TERM ONE-YEAR
The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada, a national union representing some 55,000 professionals and scientists throughout Canada, requires a bilingual Assistant (Term, excluded position) to the Director of Policy and Communications at its National Office.
Under the direction of the Director, Policy and Communications, the Assistant performs confidential administrative duties. Major responsibilities include:
- Maintain the Directors’ electronic calendars. Schedule meetings and appointments for the Directors.
- Organize various meetings including preparing agendas and assembling meeting documentation and preparing presentations.
- Record and produce minutes of meetings.
- Respond to enquiries from internal and external clients including staff requests.
- Assist in the daily media monitoring of newspaper, radio, and television coverage. Gather relevant information from the internet and other media platforms. Distribute newspaper clippings, collate press kits, assist in the preparation and distribution of media reports and press releases to media contacts.
- Format materials for posting on the Institute Web site in both official languages and coordinate with Informatics on other Web related issues.
- Provide administrative and logistical support in the development and implementation of projects, campaigns, government relation activities and other events. Format documents, scan text and graphics, using various computer software programs.
- Liaise with the Team Leads of Translation, Communications, Research and Mobilization to ensure the Director is kept abreast of current issues.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail and correspondence to the appropriate individual and indicate priorities. Compose, type, format, proofread, arrange for translation and Web posting, and package a variety of documents in various formats. Maintain files, records, and reference material.
- May be required to provide backup and explain work requirements for other similar level positions.
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis.
The successful bilingual candidate will have a one-year post-secondary school office administration program and two to three years’ experience in performing secretarial, clerical, and administrative duties, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Salary: $53,965 to $67,456 (G3)
Applications, making reference to competition 18/26 and complete with curriculum vitae, should be submitted by 4:00 p.m., August 23, 2018 by e-mail to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.