Special Assistant - Competition 18/13 - Internal & External
Internal & External
The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada, a national union representing some 55,000 professionals and scientists throughout Canada, requires a bilingual Special Assistant in the Office of the COO (COO) and Executive Secretary at its National Office.
Under the direction of the Executive Assistant and Supervisor, Office of the COO and Executive Secretary, the Special Assistant is responsible to:
- Maintain the Chief=s electronic calendar. Schedule meetings and appointments with staff, members, elected officials, government officials, consultants, pension administrators etc. Assist with presentations, brief translations, and travel arrangements.
- Receive and review correspondence and documents and direct to COO or appropriate Officer or handle personally when appropriate. Compose routine correspondence. Assemble outgoing documents and correspondence to ensure they are properly directed and delivered within established time parameters.
- Organize various meetings including preparing agenda and assembling meeting documentation, reserving rooms, arranging for meals, and making travel arrangements and advances when required.
- Maintain files including bargaining certificates, confidential files belonging to the COO & Executive Secretary, and other documentation.
- Research corporate information and provide assistance to internal and external clients, as required.
- Prepare expense claims for the COO & Executive Secretary.
- Liaise with Senior Management and Elected Officials iefs to keep COO & Executive Secretary abreast of current issues.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams assigned to special projects and work collaboratively with employees in other sections.
The successful bilingual candidate has successfully completed a two year community college program in the administration or secretarial field, or equivalent, and three to five years experience performing progressively senior administrative duties, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Also required are: ability to prioritize and adapt to changing situations and new ideas; ability to proofread and correct errors and Computer skills and experience with word processing and communication tools and browsers; exceptional organizational skills; experience in coordinating meetings and conferences, setting agendas, making travel and hotel arrangements, arranging catering, and reserving meeting space; thorough knowledge of the Professional Institute=s organization and structure; comprehensive knowledge of management practices and policies; good knowledge of labour relations terminology; comprehensive knowledge of confidential office practices and procedures; Information management skills to establish and maintain files; ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with internal and external clients; ability to analyze, evaluate, and extract data to assist in the compilation of reports; ability to work with minimum supervision.
The Salary: $62,509 to $78,138 (G4)
Applications, making reference to competition 18/13 and complete with curriculum vitae, should be submitted by 4:00 p.m., April 17, 2018 by e-mail to email@example.com.