President’s Achievement Award - Guidelines and Nomination Form
The President's Achievement Award recognizes Institute members who exemplify the highest standards of service in their chosen field of work, and who have demonstrated a high level of commitment to promoting professionalism. The sciences, finance, engineering, health, procurement and informatics are among the more than seventy-five professional fields represented by PIPSC.
The Nominators should consider what the Nominee has accomplished to be set apart from others and why the achievement is considered to be above and beyond that which would normally be expected of any PIPSC professional.
The Nominators should assume that the Panel of Judges has only the completed Nomination Form on which to base its decision to approve or not. Therefore specific references, details, and dates concerning the outstanding achievement must be provided.
The attached Nomination Form should be read and used in conjunction with PIPSC By-Law 26.8, Regulation 26.8 and the following requirements and criteria.
1. Only Regular, Retired, and former members of the Institute are eligible to receive this award.
2. The achievement being recognized must have been performed while the Nominee was a member of the Institute.
3. The Nominee must have demonstrated a high level of commitment in promoting professionalism and, meet at least one of the following criteria:
- A contribution of exceptional professional dedication under extraordinary
circumstances or exceptional contribution in professional team building,
management practices or client relations and service;
- Successful completion of a project, the results of which reflect a high order of merit;
- An outstanding, unique achievement, innovation, or trend-setting initiative in the nominee’s profession.
4. At least three (3) persons may nominate any eligible person.
5. The names, addresses, and positions of at least two (2) references, qualified in the Nominee's profession, must be provided.
6. Previous nominations for this award may be resubmitted.
7. Achievements within the previous two (2) years will be given greater weight in the selection process.
8. The Nomination Form must be completed as thoroughly as possible and should not exceed 1200 words (incomplete nominations will be returned to the Nominators for completion or will not be considered).
9. Supplemental information may be attached to the completed Nomination Form. As supporting documentation will not be returned, original papers and/or publications should not accompany the nomination. A list of papers and publications is acceptable.
10. The completed and signed Nomination Form must be received by the Institute no later than August 24, 2018 at 5 p.m. (Ottawa Time).
Nominee for the President’s Achievement Award
Check where applicable:
Regular PIPSC Member
Retired PIPSC Member
Former PIPSC Member
A. Provide a concise summary, in non-technical language, of the Nominee’s achievement, including its significance and value to the profession and/or professionalism (provide dates).
B. Provide evidence of the Nominee’s qualifications, such as paper or papers, and relevant work history.
C. Provide the names, addresses and positions of at least two (2) references qualified in the Nominee's profession.
Name / Email Address / Position
D. Preparation of a Citation (optional and not included in the word count)
The Nominators may prepare a brief citation that may be used if and when the President’s Achievement Award is presented to the Nominee.
E. Nominator(s): At least three (3) persons may nominate any eligible person.
Name / Phone Number / Email Address / Signature / Date
1 Lead Nominator:
Thank you for submitting this nomination. The Lead Nominator will be contacted if further information is required by the Awards Panel.
The completed and signed Nomination Form must be received by the PIPSC Executive Secretary no later than August 24, 2018 at 5 p.m. (Ottawa Time).
The mailing address is:
The Executive Secretary
The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada
250 Tremblay Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 3J8
Nominations may also be sent by email to Institute_Awards@pipsc.ca or by fax at the following number: 1-800-465-7477.