Citation Certificate - Guidelines and Nomination Form
The Citation Certificate honours Regular and Retired members and employees of the Institute for outstanding service to Constituent Bodies, Committees, Consultation Teams or to the Institute as a whole. This certificate recognizes service over a period of time, or of a short duration when the service is of such a high order that some form of recognition is considered necessary.
The attached Nomination Form should be read and used in conjunction with PIPSC By-Law 26.4, Regulation 26.4 and the following requirements and criteria.
1. Only Regular and Retired members, and employees of the Institute are eligible to receive this award.
2. At least two (2) Nominators are required and they must be Regular or Retired members of PIPSC in good standing.
3. The Nomination Form must be completed as thoroughly as possible. Specific references, details, and dates concerning the outstanding service must be provided. Incomplete nominations will be returned to the Nominators for completion or will not be considered.
4. Supplemental information in support of the Nomination may be attached to the completed Nomination Form.
5. Nominations may be submitted at any time.
Nominee for Institute Citation Certificate
Title (if Staff):
A. Description of “Outstanding Service" for which a Citation Certificate should be given.
- A summary of the Nominee's service to the appropriate Constituent Body, Committee , Consultation Team, or to the Institute as a whole;
- A clear indication of the time (including dates) and quality of service given by the Nominee;
- An explanation of why this is considered an "Outstanding Service" to the Constituent Body, Committee, Consultation Team, or to the Institute as a whole;
B. Wording for the Citation Certificate.
In recognition of outstanding service to the
(insert name of the Constituent Body, Committee , Consultation Team, or the Institute as a whole)
(insert a condensed description of the outstanding service "by going above and beyond his/her duties…”, etc.)
C. Brief citation to be used when the Citation Certificate is presented (optional).
D. Name of person who will sign the certificate in addition to the President.
E. Nominators (a minimum of two (2) members in good standing is required)
Name / Phone Number / Email Address / Signature / Date
1 Lead Nominator:
F. Comments and Recommendation
The completed Nomination Form must first be forwarded to the appropriate Constituent Body, Committee, or Consultation Team for comment s and recommendation, following which it is to be forwarded to the PIPSC Executive Committee for due processing.
Citation certificates for Group or Sub-Group activities should be processed by the Group Executive and sent to the PIPSC Executive Committee for approval.
Citation certificates for Region or Branch activities should be processed by the Regional Executive and sent to the PIPSC Executive Committee for approval.
Citation certificates for Committee or Consultation Team activities should be processed by the Committee Executive or the Consultation Team Executive and sent to the PIPSC Executive Committee for approval.
Citation certificates for other activities should be processed by the PIPSC Executive Committee.
Constituent Body, Committee or Consultation Team Position:
Thank you for submitting this nomination. The Lead Nominator will be contacted if further information is required.
The mailing address is:
The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada
250 Tremblay Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 3J8
Nominations may also be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at the following number: 1-800-465-7477.